Monday, January 30, 2012

#3 Where do I want TCF 312 to take me?


            I have been doing videography since about the fifth grade. I remember doing power points set to music because I didn’t have any other way of making a video. I soon got into working with the classic Window’s Movie Maker. After a few years with that I briefly began using Sony Vegas. My dad later bought a Mac and it was Final Cut from then on. I love creating videos, especially ones that incorporate music. I feel like both video and music draw such emotion within a person and that is something that I want to do for the rest of my life. Being able to share not only how you feel but the true emotion behind the feeling with someone is one of the most amazing things I’ve ever experienced. Life is so full of emotions of all kinds. Everyone wants someone to be able relate to what they are going through and understand their feelings. Why wouldn’t we share that with as many people as we can, while we can? Whether it’s a room of twenty people or a stadium of 101,821, an emotion can be shared through the perfect combination of audio and video. That is what I hope to do with my life, move people. 
            What I want to obtain and accomplish through this class is simple. I want to be able to better my ability to do what I stated above. Any way that I can improve at creating an image for someone to view, I’m willing to learn. So much goes into producing an image that you see in your head; from framing, to lighting, to just the basic camera settings. Those are definitely the kinds of things I’m going to need to learn to be able to accomplish my dreams. 

1 comment:

  1. Good to know you are big on incorporating music and visuals. I feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete